There are seven benefits to NGOs from publishing their data to the IATI standard. Publishing to IATI can:
- Improve your effectiveness in achieving your vision.
- Clearly demonstrate values of transparency and accountability.
- Boost your local and international reputation.
- Improve your internal management.
- Increase your attractiveness to funders.
- Increase your international visibility.
- Minimise your reporting burden.
- Open Nepal Briefing Note - Read more about these benefits in this briefing created by Open Nepal: http://opennepal.net/sites/default/files/resources/Open%20Nepal%20Briefing%20-%20Incentives%20for%20NGOs%20to%20publish%20IATI%20data%20FINAL.pdf
- Open Knowledge Foundation Blog - this blog also explains why it is important for NGOs to implement IATI reporting http://www.openaid.de/blog/2013/01/17/why-ngos-should-implement-iati
- Becoming IATI compliant - Here are the 5 steps to take to become IATI compliant: http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/20648592-the-five-steps-to-becoming-iati-compliant